Barbados Health Insurance
Download Insurance Handbooks
We created these handbooks to help you identify the key points when considering a health insurance policy. They cover a wide range of topics from 'Choosing the right plan', to 'Maternity' and 'Pre-existing' conditions. Please enter your Email address to gain access to our full library.
- Choosing the right plan
- The Basic
Barbados is an attractive destination for expatriates, thanks to its pleasant climate, beautiful scenery, and the government’s encouragement of foreign investment leading to many employment opportunities. Although Barbados has a good health system, it can be expensive, and because it is a relatively small island serious cases may require evacuation to the US or another country, making adequate insurance cover a must.
Feeling comfortable in the knowledge that if something was to happen to a family member their medical costs will be taken care of, is important to us all. Our expert consultants can advise on the most suitable level of coverage for families, individuals, groups, travelers, and teachers expatriate health insurance.
Expatriate Health Insurance Barbados
Pacific Prime is an expatriate insurance broker specialising in providing overseas medical insurance for Barbados nationals living, working or holidaying abroad. If you are a non Barbados national and moving to Barbados we can also provide plans that meet your specific requirements.
The policies that we can provide are guaranteed renewable for life and globally portable, so even if you should relocate away from the country your plan will continue to cover you. With a number of extra benefits including maternity coverage, emergency evacuation and repatriation, dental treatment, out-patient consultations, alternative medicines, complimentary therapies, and specialist consultations, you can be assured that an international health insurance Barbados plan will give you the coverage that you need. For more information about the products and services that we can offer, or to receive a free quote, please contact us today.
Professional Service you can trust
Pacific Prime Insurance will be with you for the duration of your policy. We offer additional customer services that include claims advice, emergency contact numbers and medical advice lines. We also maintain a comprehensive list of Barbados hospitals/doctors. Most of our clients are expatriates so we maintain a list of Embassies in Barbados.
As a leading broker of medical insurance in Barbados we keep up on the latest insurance trends and Barbados Insurance News.
We can offer expatriates in Barbados dedicated international health insurance plans that will provide comprehensive coverage in the East and around the world. Plans that we can offer will usually have a number of benefits that a policyholder is able to tailor to suit their specific requirements. With coverage options including out-patient, dental, maternity, and emergency evacuation, you will be assured of receiving the highest levels of quality treatment anywhere in the world.
Barbados Travel Tips
We understand that foreign countries can be confusing. To help you better understand Barbados we have provided some advice on local customs, laws and general behavior.
Please be advised that the information contained below is only for reference purposes and is liable to change at any time without prior warning. Please consult with a travel professional before your trip to ensure that you have the most current data.
For more information about traveling to Barbados, the international health insurance plans that we can provide there, or to receive a free quote, please contact us today.
- You require a valid passport but no visa to enter Barbados for up to 6 months as a US, UK, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, South African, or Irish national.
- Barbados has a tropical climate, beautiful beaches, and is mostly surrounded by coral reefs, helping to make it a welcoming tourist destination. You should however take advice before exploring the seas around the island, as some wildlife can cause injuries, and there are strong currents in some places.
- Barbados has severe penalties for all drug offences.
- It is an offence for anyone, including children, to dress in camouflage clothing, use of which is reserved for the Barbados Defence Force.
- Although not illegal, topless bathing is frowned upon.
- Certain homosexual acts are illegal according to Barbadian laws.
- Do not bring meat products into Barbados from the UK.
- Crime is not a major problem in Barbados, but you should still take usual precautions, and not carry valuables or leave them on display. There have been some attacks on foreign visitors, more in recent years, including rapes. You should therefore avoid walking alone at night for example on beaches or in other isolated spots.
- People drive on the left-hand side of the road in Barbados.
- Barbados shows a strong British influence, and is sometimes referred to by its neighbours as “Little England”. Cricket is an extremely popular sport in Barbados, as in many other Caribbean countries, and it hosted the final of the 2007 Cricket world cup.
- Barbados has a high incidence of road accidents, including fatalities, for its size. Most roads are paved but, apart from the main highways, often have potholes, a frequent cause of complaint among Barbadians. In rural areas they are narrow, usually unlit, and often have pedestrians walking in the road because there are no pavements; also watch out for obscured side roads and blind corners. Road surfaces may lack grip and become slippery in wet weather. Speed limit signs are in kilometres per hour (40, 60 and 80 kph maximum) and are lower than in the UK. Road signs are poor. Indicators are used intermittently, so be particularly careful on roundabouts. In the event of an accident, leave your vehicle where it is and telephone the police.
- Barbados does not have a high risk of terrorist attacks, but there remains a global risk of indiscriminate terrorist attacks in public areas, especially those frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers.
For more information about Barbados, the international health insurance plans that we can offer there, or to receive a free quote, please contact one of our expert advisers today.