AIG was founded in 1919 under the name American Asiatic Underwriters in Shangha, China. Since that time, AIG has grown into one of the leading global health insurers, serving customers in more than 130 countries. AIG are well equipped to deal with all commercial, institutional, and individual insurance needs, and boast a dedication to providing insurance coverage to meet the diverse needs of all of its clients.
Certain treatment requires prior approval from insurer so they can issue an advance payment guarantee to the hospital.
Such as following treatments:
- Special diagnostic tests such as CT scan, MRI, Stress Test, endoscopy, allergy testing, x-ray, blood work, referred to other medical professionals etc.
- Where surgery or hospitalization is involved or anticipated.
- If multiple outpatient visits or physiotherapy/chiropractor/acupuncture treatments will be required.
- In cases involving accidental injury.
- Non-emergency - You must provide all listed information (on right side) at least 7 working days before the treatment date.
Once the treatment is Authorized, AIG will issue GOP (guarantee of payment) directly to the hospital enabling you to receive the treatment with no out of pocket expense.
You would just need to pay any relevant excess/deductible/copayment chosen.
Pre-authorization form completed by the treating physician: Download www.globalhealthasia.com
- Date treatment is scheduled to take place.
- The Diagnosis and all relevant medical reports.
- Name and all possible contact details of the medical facility .
- Outline of Treatment/ Procedure with itemized breakdown of costs.
- AIG may assist to provide a letter of guarantee for hospital bills above (SGD3,000).
- For bills below SGD3,000, you can seek to incur the payment first and claim it back from AIG.
Contact AIG within 48 hours from hospital admittance on hotline: +65 6557 0896
AIG in Singapore
Pacific Prime work with AIG to offer locally compliant insurance solutions for residents in Singapore. An array of different insurance products are available, including: Medical, Business, Travel, Home, Personal Accident, Property and more.
AIG is expanding its network of providers throughout Singapore as much as possible. This gives clients the greatest choice possible of doctors and medical facilities to choose from.
AIG in Hong Kong
AIG in Hong Kong (formerly known as Chartis Insurance Hong Kong Ltd.) offers a wide range of local insurance products for individuals, families, and small businesses. This means that clients can receive individually tailored insurance plans, providing coverage for any potential risks at the best value for money possible.
Regardless of the area of coverage, benefits, or the type of policy required, AIG is able to offer quality products that meet clients' every need.
Pay and Claim Basis
You must submit below documents within 90 days after the medical services have been rendered to AIG in order to process your claim.
- All medical documents: For example: Physician’s summary and/or medical records.
- Fully completed claim form (one claim form for each medical condition)
- All receipts: For example: Invoices, medical expense receipts, etc.
Invoices Must been issued with the Patient’s name.
Please mail all original documents to: AIG Building, 78 Shenton Way, #07-16, Singapore 079120
Processing: Claims will be processed in 4 weeks from receipt of claims.
Payment: eligible claims will be paid within 2 weeks after the claim been settled.
AIG only accepts original copies of claim documents (clear copy). Keep a copy of your scanned claim documents for your record.
If you are entitled to a direct billing claim facility, AIG will provide you with a list of providers that will accept you.
Direct Billing: Call AIG hotline +65 6557 0896
- Make a appointment with one of the treatment providers on the list.
- Show your membership card and photo ID (passport/ID card).
- Pay any excess or coinsurance that applies to your plan.