Health insurance in Kyrgyzstan
Whether you’re thinking about visiting or are already residing in Kyrgyzstan, securing the right health insurance plan can help cover medical costs while you’re in the area. Pacific Prime can provide you with the ideal plan for your needs, and your budget. Click below to get a free quote or continue reading to find out more about health insurance in Kyrgyzstan.
Overview of healthcare in Kyrgyzstan
While expats in Kyrgyzstan can access adequate medical services, the general level of healthcare within the country is poor. Travelers are strongly urged to consider securing an international health insurance policy before arriving in the country. Even though visitors and expats can use the local facilities, an immediate cash payment in a secure currency may be required.
In the event of a serious accident or illness, especially in rural parts of the country, local medical services may not be capable of providing care other than immediate emergency services. For more severe accidents and illnesses, an emergency evacuation may be necessary, which can be expensive. To avoid hefty medical bills, it is recommended that your Kyrgyzstan health insurance policy purchased by individuals traveling to the country have a comprehensive emergency evacuation benefit.
Kyrgyzstan health-related travel advice
- While you can find international-standard care in Bishkek, where Neomed is the top choice among expats, it is limited in other areas of the country. Even so, pharmacies all over the country carry a wide selection of medicines and usually do not require a prescription.
- Along with routine vaccinations, vaccinations for Hepatitis A/B/ E, rabies, brucellosis, tuberculosis, and meningitis should be obtained before entering the country. They are not mandatory, but they may be more difficult to obtain once in the country and are therefore highly recommended.
- With the shortage of medicine, medical supplies, and vaccines, it is crucial to always carry your own medicine and medical supplies.
- Travelers are advised to bring vitamin supplements since it may be difficult to obtain proper nutrition in certain parts of Kyrgyzstan.
- You can safely drink tap water across Kyrgyzstan. However, many travelers prefer the taste of bottled water in villages and smaller towns.
Medical insurance options for expats in Kyrgyzstan
Getting international health insurance is essential if you’re planning on visiting or living in Kyrgyzstan. When shopping for an insurance package, want to make sure that it covers medical emergencies. Emergency services in Kyrgyzstan are mostly limited to cities and larger towns. However, you also have to keep in mind that the emergency services workers typically do not speak English.
Hospitals in Kyrgyzstan do not live up to the same standard as Western hospitals. Therefore, it is recommended to invest in a solid private health insurance plan and seek medical care at a private hospital or clinic in Bishkek, the capital city of Kyrgyzstan.
How to secure the best private health insurance in Kyrgyzstan
Pacific Prime offers professional advice at no cost to you. No matter what your budget is or what your requirements are, our professional consultants can help find a policy that fits you or your group. Our policies can cover a wide range of services including dental, maternity, inpatient services, and many more. Contact us today for a free consultation.