Bupa was established in the United Kingdom in 1947. Since then, the company has grown to provide healthcare to more than 14 millions customers in more than 190 countries, with several branches worldwide including Bupa Asia which was formed in Hong Kong in 1976.
Bupa Asia are renowned for their high quality service, and excellent expertise regarding health insurance in the Asia Pacific region. Elements such as guaranteed lifetime renewal, and direct billing have enabled them to establish the largest medical network in Hong Kong and the rest of Asia.Read More
How to Claim Pre-paid Medical Cost?
You must submit below documents within 90 days after the medical services have been rendered to us in order to process your claim.
- All medical documents such as Physician’s summary and/or medical records.
- Fully completed claim form
- All receipts such as Fapiao, Invoices, medical expense receipts
- Invoices must be issued with the Patient’s name.
- Turnaround time: Claims will be processed within 4-6 weeks from the receipt of claims.
- Payment time: Eligible claims will be paid within 10 working days after the claim been settled
How to get Pre-authorisation and Guarantee of payment?
Certain treatment requires prior approval from insurer so they can issue an advance payment
guarantee to the hospital. Such as following treatments:
- MRI, CT or PET scans
- All in-patient, daycare treatment and out-patient surgery
- Chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment (Please refer to your policy guide for more information)
- Non-emergency cases - Please contact BUPA immediately after treatment is prescribed. You must provide all below information at least 5 days before the treatment date.
In case of Emergency: Contact Bupa within 48 hours from hospital admittance on the 24/7 Hotline: +(44) 1273 323563
1. Pre-authorisation form completed by the treating physician.
2. Scheduled treatment date.
3. The diagnosis and all relevant medical reports.
4. Name and all possible contact details of the medical facility.
5. Outline of Treatment/ Procedure with itemised breakdown of costs.
Once the treatment is Authorised, BUPA will issue GOP (guarantee of payment) directly to the hospital enabling you to receive the treatment with no out of pocket expense.
You would just need to pay any relevant excess/deductible/copayment chosen.
Healthcare Products and Services
The Bupa Group offer a range of healthcare services including:
- Health Insurance
- Primary Care
- Dental Centres
- Workplace Health Services
- Home Healthcare
- Health Assessments
- Chronic Disease Management Services
- Nursing and Residential Care for the Elderly.
Bupa Around the Globe
Bupa have a global reach, with offices in major cities around the world including:
- Bupa Head Office (London, United Kingdom)
- Bupa Australia
- Max Bupa (India)
- Sanitas (Spain)
- Health Dialog (Boston, United States)
- Bupa China (Beijing, China)
- Bupa Asia (Hong Kong)
- Bupa Arabia (Middle East)
- Bupa Thailand
- Bupa Latin America (Miami, United States)
If you are entitled to a direct billing facility, we will provide you with a list of providers that will accept you.
- Make an appointment with the treatment providers on the list.
- Show your membership card and photo ID (passport/ID card).
- Pay any excess or coinsurance that applies to your plan.