The Allianz Group has a history of providing high quality insurance, banking, and asset management solutions dating back to 1890. Founded in Germany, Allianz is now a global integrated financial services provider with offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, the Americas, and Africa. This means that no matter where you are, Allianz will always be on hand to assist you.
By utilizing the experience and resources gained over decades, Allianz Care is able to control and maintain high service levels. From the initial underwriting of an insurance plan through to renewing and claims handling, Allianz ensures that you will always receive the highest standards of customer service.
How to file for claims to medical costs
The claim-filing process for medical costs will depend on your plan. However, the general procedures under Allianz’s international health insurance plan are as follow:
- Receive your treatment and pay your medical provider.
- Get an invoice from them. This should include your name, treatment date(s), the medical condition that you received treatment for, the date of onset of symptoms, the nature of the treatment, and the fees billed.
- Claim your eligible expenses through the MyHealth Digital Services. Fill in a few simple details before taking a picture of your invoice and submitting it online.
Note: You must submit your claims within the claiming deadline of your plan. Once a claim has been received with all the required information (i.e. see step 2), Allianz will process it and reimburse you within 48 hours.
How to get pre-authorization and guarantee of payment
Certain treatment requires prior approval from your insurer so they can issue an advance payment guarantee to the hospital. These are usually high-cost and inpatient treatments. Remember to first check whether your plan covers them on your Table of Benefits, accessible through MyHealth Digital Services or the MyHealth app.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of treatments that require pre-authorization:
- All inpatient treatments
- Day-care treatment
- Outpatient surgery
- MRI scan may need pre-authorization if you would like Allianz to settle the bill directly with the medical provider
- PET and CT-PET scans
- Routine maternity, pregnancy and childbirth complications (inpatient treatment only)
- Occupational therapy (outpatient treatment only)
- Medical evacuation (or repatriation where covered)
Steps to apply for pre-authorization of hospital bill:
- Schedule your treatment date.
- Download a Treatment Guarantee (Pre-authorization) Form.
- Complete the form with your treating physician and send it to Allianz at least 5 working days before treatment.
- Allianz will respond within 24 hours of receiving the completed form.
- Their Medical Services Team will contact the medical facility and arrange for the payment to be settled directly where possible.
MyHealth Digital Services
MyHealth Digital Services is a one-stop shop platform where you can manage your claims and health online. View your policy information, submit claims, and access your very own virtual Health Assistant.
What is Health Assistant?
Allianz’s Health Assistant comprises various wellness and health management tools and services. For instance, through MyHealth, you’ll gain access to a medical term translator and a telehealth hub for virtual medical consultations with a doctor.
Allianz provide a wide range of products including but not limited to:
- International health insurance
- Short-term and emergency health care insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Corporate life insurance
- Corporate insurance
- Maternity health insurance
- Family health insurance
For emergency assistance, policy inquiries, and day-to-day support, contact Allianz on their 24/7 multilingual hotline.
- English: +353 1 630 1301
- German: +353 1 630 1302
- French: +353 1 630 1303
- Spanish: +353 1 630 1304
- Italian: +353 1 630 1305
- Portuguese: +353 1 645 4040
Contact details for companies seeking corporate solutions:
- For groups of less than 20 employees, call Allianz on +353 1 514 8480
- For groups of more than 20 employees, call Allianz on +353 1 514 8442
Comparing Allianz insurance plans today!
If you’d like to learn more about Allianz and the products they offer, or need help comparing plans, our team at Pacific Prime is more than happy to help! With more than 20 years of experience in the industry and long-running partnerships with various leading insurers, we are familiar with all things insurance. Contact us now for impartial advice and a free plan comparison!